Monday, November 9, 2009

Johnson update

As expected, Larry Johnson issued a formal apology. On Oct. 26, Johnson stated, "I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate... I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said."

You didn't mean to offend anyone? Really?!? You reverted to childish name calling and disrespected not only the people you chose to reply to but also the thousands of ticket-buying fans who help pay your salary. Yes, you make a lot of money and your hard work on the field in a couple of seasons earned it, but not everyone is lucky enough to be given the opportunities that were presented to you.

What about your friends back home who aren't so lucky? Would you publicly disgrace them for making $5 dollars an hour? I really don't think so. You are an adult and should step back and take a look at how you are portraying yourself.

I have a great idea -- go work at a McDonald's for a week and tell me those people don't work hard (the link will take you right to its employment opportunities).

McDonald's employees EARN every penny they make. Don't disrespect hardworking Americans trying to support a family in a bad economy. You should thank God everyday for the opportunities you have.

ESPN reported that Johnson, who has yet to be officially suspended, was asked by the Chiefs organization to "stay way from the team pending a probe into his use of a gay slur."

No comments:

Post a Comment